Pema Dorjee’s activities in Nepal and India focus on health issues, medical supplies, preventing illness, health education and medical aid. The overreaching objective is to take doctors, nurses and paramedical staff to the restricted regions of Lumla (India) and Rathankot (Nepal).
- raise funds to provide surgery to sick people from Lumla
- send a delegation of doctors and agricultural specialists from Israel to Lumla
- provide the local people with basic health education, and
- bring children in need of complicated surgery to India or to Western countries.
Many of the children and adults in these regions suffer from illnesses. In remote areas, severe (up to 75%) paralysis is alarmingly common. Many people also suffer from severe bone and eye diseases.
In addition, many children are deformed due to tuberculosis, while others suffer from respiratory problems, spinal bone deformation, injuries and, of course, everyday health issues. The high rate of disease is caused by malnutrition, a chronic lack of medical care, environmental stresses, the lack of hygiene, and the lack of proper medical treatment and medications. Timely medical treatment is often nearly impossible because medical facilities are so far away and the transportation infrastructure to reach them is not available. Help and support is on the way. Pema´s projects focus on providing immediate care, teaching first aid, and providing long-term medical care. We have also begun providing more complex medical care, including:
- transporting people from mountain villages to medical facilities for treatment and surgery
- bringing medical delegations to the villages
- providing easy-to-manage medical equipment (e.g. first aid bags)
Your contributions and support are most welcome.
For more information please contact:
Israel: http://www.dharma-friends.org.il, firstname.lastname@example.org (Miri Arama),
Norway: Siri.Weirum@gmail.com (Siri Weirum),
Netherlands: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (Cecilie Weirum Stuyvenberg),
Belgium: www.support4nepal.blogspot.com, email@example.com,